Vintage glassware Pyrex, utility dish in Flamingo Pink pattern/colors. The smaller of two rectangular baking "utility" dishes.
Great overall condition with a few minor flaws worth making note of:
- Rounded, bottom of all four corners missing minimal amount of pink-rubbing?
- LIGHT scratches throughout exterior surfaces-must be held to light for observation.
- Some grime/grease residue remains on handles where pink color meets white color.
- Vivid/shiny exterior & interior surfaces
- No fading or dullness as seen typically from dishwasher use
- Free of chips, nicks, scratches, etc.
Pyrex manufactured Flamingo Pink & Lime Green bakeware/utility dishes from 1952 thru 1957. Items available in both colors include:
- Round casserole
- Loaf pan
- Cake pan
- Pie plate
- Square Baker 8”
- Oblong Baker
- 1.5 quart ➡ #231
- 2.0 quart ➡ #232
The square baker is often referred to as a brownie pan & the 2 quart oblong baker a lasagna pan. Correct me if wrong but I believe the oblong (& maybe the square) bakers are termed utility dishes by the Pyrex company.
In my experience the oblong bakers are perfect for casseroles, enchiladas, & of course lasagna. Functionality is key where bakeware is concerned & I give all vintage bakeware 5 🌟 for the simple ability to bake & serve in the same dish. Whether you choose lime green or flamingo pink both are pretty enough to sit on the dinner table.
Julie Stroup, a RetroReclaimations.com Customer, recently purchased this 2 qt. Oblong Baker & sent this photo
Pyrex vintage bakeware is also available in the ever popular turquoise color. These pieces are harder to find & typically expensive 💰 when you do! If you are fortunate to have turquoise vintage bakeware CONGRATULATIONS-hold on to it! If you stumble upon a piece that is not priced too high BUY IT –it might be the only chance you will have to add turquoise to your collection of vintage bakeware.